Friday, March 27, 2009

Wax Paintings

Today I decided that even though I do not have the correct wax, or the cute little iron to do encaustic wax painting, I was STILL going to do SOME kind of wax painting. So, here are the three paintings I did today! The first 2 were done on special paper that I have for painting with acrylics, so they have a canvas texture to them. You can see it in places in the wax.



I used the color black in the first one, but not in the second, yet I can't tell a big difference as far as the black is concerned.




This last one I did between two pieces of clear transparency paper. No texture, but I do have some bubbles!



Well, it was a lot of fun. I hope one day to use the real stuff again, but until then, I am sure I will keep experimenting!

Peace & Love-
Risa

2 comments:

  1. You did all three of those TODAY? WOW! That's amazing! You know, they are especially FUN as well as lovely! I don't know if it's just me, but I see so many things in each painting. The canvas-like texture in the first two adds real dimension! And tho' I love all of them, I'm nuts about the one on the transparency paper because (to me) it looks like an underwater fairy world. Really, really beautiful, all THREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Risa...these are really cool! Today, for my birthday, I went to borders and picked up the book, "Collage Unleashed" and in the first chapter she shows how to use crayons with an iron to do this exact thing...very cool! Looks like your'e having lots of fun. I can't wait to try it.

    em

    ReplyDelete