Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Next Four Paintings

Since I am trying to get my blog caught up to where I am in my life of painting, I thought that I would go ahead and share my next four paintings. They are all acrylic on canvas. I tried different techniques in each one that I either made up or read about on the Internet. I had fun doing each one. They were all created in extremely different ways. It was fun exploring different ways of painting and it was helpful in trying to figure out what I enjoyed in my paintings.

One thing I learned early on was that if I tried to force myself to paint something in particular, or if I had a certain vision set out for what I wanted it to look like, I would always end up disappointed. So, Now I always try to go to a canvas with an open mind and just see where it takes me. I have not come up with a really good method of photographing my art, but these seem to came out ok. So here are my next four paintings:
























































I am glad that you came back to take a peek at my work! Come back often, there is still more catching up to do!

Peace & Love-

Risa

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I have seen the last one (and love it) but not the first three! Don't laugh, but in the 3rd one, I see things which are folded - as tho' the colors are doing some sort of dance or gymnastics & bending their shapes in a choreographed fashion. It's AWESOME! The first two are VERY different from your others!I looked at them for a LONG time, trying to figure out how you DID them - especially the second one. I mean - what technique you used to get that look! It's hard to believe you are doing these without formal training (so to speak) but it just tells me you have natural talent as an artist!

    ReplyDelete